After several comments of encouragement I was able to regroup my thoughts and with a few modifications to the bodice I was able to complete the dress. A few sleepless nights, all night sewing sessions paired with a wing and a prayer I am done.
There are a few things I would have changed or perhaps added, the belt is a little long and I ended up using a slide buckle, I should have added a couple of string type belt loops to the sides to keep the belt in place and I really needed to add a loop for the excessive belt to slide through. I clearly could have given more thought to the covered buttons and made them all look alike. But it is not the worse garment I have ever made and Stef loved it! In the end that is all that matters.
We had a great time with our photo shoot. We rushed to our local flea market late this evening and got a few great shots. Stef even managed to have fun though she really didn’t want to go. She thought people would think it was weird that we were taking pictures, even though we tried to be discreet. One of the employees thought we were acting a little ‘suspicious’ but luckily Ash knew him and explained, and he was shocked that I had made the dress.
A special thanks goes out to Siri Andersen, from The Pinhouse Playmate, Laurie from Sew Exhausted, Elena from Elena Knits, and Catja from Gjeometry for all of your words of encouragement and helpful advice. Without these ladies I may have thrown in the towel and given up!