Today I was able to correct my mess that I made last weekend with my jacket and the pocket details. After re-cutting the bodice, the pocket facing and the front yoke pieces. The first time I did this I followed the instruction sheet and ended up with a mess.
This is how this mess became what it was
This time I changed the steps and it seemed to work out.
I did not sew all the way to the end and clip the corner as in the first page, second image. I sewed to the edge of the actual bodice cut seam.
I also took out some of the ease on the shoulder seam, I like it much better, cleaner look. I didn’t realize I was going to do this until I had cut the sleeve out, normally I would have altered the actual pattern but I obviously did not think ahead. My only choice was to alter the fabric to fit this. I found a helpful tutorial at The Design Loft. Worked perfectly by cutting the excess fabric at the top.
It is now on the dress form. Please excuse the way it is lopsided but Stef is smaller and I have to work with what I have.
I had originally intended to line this jacket but after this weekend’s temperature getting almost 80 degrees I have decided to do the unlined version. I will clean the seams up with seam lace and sew in the facings. But that will be tomorrow.
I know Sew for Victory 2.0’s deadline is April 30th but Stefanie is going out of town the weekend before it is due so I need it done by Easter Sunday, April 20 when she is home and has time for photos as well.